Sunday, July 13, 2008

Superman Becomes a Defense Attorney

Superman Becomes a Defense Attorney


I don’t like my new job
Neither do my clients.
I plead one to life
What he did:
He stole an old ladies purse.
I look bad carrying a briefcase
I’d prefer a bad guy
Carrying him by his collar.
I also can’t stand helping bad people
Especially if I know they’re guilty.
Some prosecutor slipped me some kryptonite
So he won and my client
Only got 22 years.
He stole a car and
Took it to Mexico.
He deserved kryptonite himself
In my opinion.



By Carter Kunke

1 comment:

Not Scott said...

I like this. The irony of Superman having to defend the criminal class.

"I look bad carrying a briefcase
I’d prefer a bad guy
Carrying him by his collar."

These are great lines. Good concrete images and the perfect parallel of carrying a briefcase vs carrying a criminal. Also, the double meaning of "collar", to collar a criminal.